Podcast Apps Help Page
This is a step-by-step guide to help you setup the podcast in each of these apps. Get answers to common podcast feed issues at the bottom of this page.
Add the Steel on Steel Podcast to Podcast Addict for Android Smartphones and Tablets:
In the main screen in the Podcast Addict App:
1. Press the main screen + button to add a new podcast. Then select the ‘RSS feed’ option.
2. You will then be able to enter the podcast RSS feed URL for Steel on Steel: http://www.steelonsteel.com/podcast.php
3. You will have to check the ‘Authentication’ checkbox and enter your login/password.
After validation, the app will update the podcast. You can change the login/password at any time by long pressing on the podcast, then selecting ‘Custom Settings’ and finally ‘Edit podcast URL’.
Add the Steel on Steel Podcast to BeyondPod for Android Smartphones and Tablets:
In the main screen of the BeyondPod App:
1. Tap the Menu button on the top left of the main screen and a menu will popup.
2. Scroll down until you see +Add Feed. Tap to begin.
3. In the top right corner is Import Feeds, tap and select enter Feed Address.
4. Enter the Steel on Steel podcast URL: http://www.steelonsteel.com/podcast.php
5. At the bottom of the same page, tap Advanced Settings.
6. Scroll down to Feed Authentication, and enter your username and password. Tap Save in the top right corner.
7. The Steel on Steel podcast feed will appear in the What to Play menu.
8. Tap Download to begin an episode. To change the setting for the podcast, tap the menu in the right top corner of the podcast and select Edit Feed.
Add the Steel on Steel Podcast to Downcast for Apple iOS Devices – iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch:
In the main screen in the Downcast App:
1. Tap the + icon at the bottom to add a new podcast.
2. In the Add Podcasts screen, tap Add Podcast Manually.
3. Enter the podcast URL http://www.steelonsteel.com/podcast.php
4. Enter your username and password, tap Done and then at the top of the screen, tap Subscribe.
5. Tap the Downloads icon at the bottom of the screen and enable the download que.
Playing the weekly podcast is as simple as tapping the icon in the main screen and selecting the episode to play.
To view or change your stored login info for the podcast, tap the Steel on Steel podcast icon in the main screen. On the next screen, tap the Gear icon on the bottom right. Go all the way to the bottom of the Settings page. Under Login Credentials, you can edit your login info. If the podcast won’t play or if you think the settings are incorrect, you can always just delete the podcast from the main screen and set it back up using the instructions above.
Add the Steel on Steel Podcast to RSSRadio for Apple iOS Devices – iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch:
In the main screen of the RSSRadio app:
2. In the Podcast Directory, tap the More… button on the top right corner.
3. Tap “Enter the URL Manually“.
4. Enter the URL of the Steel on Steel podcast: http://www.steelonsteel.com/podcast.php
5. On the next screen, in the top right corner, tap Subscribe. then, Use default settings
6. Next, tap the Steel on Steel Radio Broadcast icon, then choose an episode to listen to and tap to begin.
7. In the podcast episode screen, tap Download.
8. Enter your Steel on Steel membership login info (info is case sensitive).
9.Go back to the main podcast screen by tapping the <Podcast button in the top left hand corner.
10.Tap the Downloads button at the bottom of the main Podcast screen. The podcast episode will automatically download to your device and can be played once it’s finished downloading. Enjoy!
Troubleshooting Podcast Feed Issues
Occasionally, you may encounter common issues with a podcast reader or feed. Here are a few tips to remember.
I don’t see the Steel on Steel feed in the podcast directory when I search.
Because our feed is password-protected, you will not find it listed in the podcast directory by searching. You must setup your podcast app manually by entering the URL during setup Our feed URL is: http://www.steelonsteel.com/podcast.php
My podcast app won’t download Steel on Steel episodes or I get an error.
Remember, our podcast feed is password-protected so downloading requires your app to be able to handle authentication. If you cannot find settings for username and password in your app, we have alternatives above that handle the secure feeds.
My app isn’t updating the most recent episodes.
First, be sure you are connected to the internet. You may also have an incorrect or outdated feed address. Additionally, we no longer publish our feed on FeedBurner. Be sure that the podcast URL for the feed is correct: http://www.steelonsteel.com/podcast.php
Can I stream the episodes or do I need to download them?
The streaming option availability depends on the app, its version, and its settings. For instance, RSSRadio for iOS 10 will allow streaming if the streaming function is enabled in the Settings page of the podcast. However, Some apps don’t support streaming at all, or allow hybrid streaming once the episode begins to download. Please check the developer’s specifications for your particular app in the app store or developer’s website.
Yes! Starting February 18, 2017, all future episodes will have chapter breaks so you can listen to individual segments of the program on your mobile device. The chapters function is best experienced in Downcast for iOS, but should work in most podcast apps that support chapters, including Podcast Addict, RSSRadio and others. To view the chapters, first download an episode within the app and then tap the bookmarks or chapters icon. Click the image to view larger.
Won’t all those episodes fill up my device or use a bunch of data?
You can always adjust the download order and keep/discard settings for your podcast episodes. Typically, the default setting is to automatically download the most recent episode and delete the listened-to episodes after 24 hours. Each episode is between 33 and 65MB each.
I’ve tried everything, but the podcast isn’t updating or downloading.
Sometimes, an app can get stuck and rebooting the app or device doesn’t fix the issue. Typically, just resetting the podcast in the app will resolve this problem. Just open the app, go to the Steel on Steel podcast and select Unsubscribe. Don’t worry, it’s not going to affect your membership, but you will delete any episodes you’ve downloaded. You can use the instructions above to setup the podcast once more. It takes just a few moments and you’ll be back up and listening to your favorite episodes.